azoospermia - wtf?

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Range of Emotions

So it's been a few days to mull over the news now.

My wife and I went through a whole range of emotions. First shock, then disbelief, then the real gut-dropping sensation that you my never have your own children. Throw in anger, confusion, panic. And then the questions.

"Why me?", "How did this happen?", "What can we do?", "What's the point of being alive then?" Ok so it's just the beginning of a possibly arduous journey, but you just want to know if you fix it right now. My mind is awash with self-doubt, anxiety, fear; it's the same for the Mrs, if not worse (she's been looking forward to having kids since the day we first met.) It would be quite easy to stick my head in the sand, in fact I'd like to do that, but this won't go away. I know that's no way to deal with a problem (is this a problem??), but it's hard not to in this case.

On a scale of 1 to 10 on a personal level, this is a pretty big deal - 9 or 10. But then I rate it against a host of other ailments, and it's 1 or 2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home